Procedure of Purchase
There are four key stages within the procedure of purchase:
Stage 1. Fixed price tender
- Client pays a non refundable $750 initial deposit (vacant block) to secure the current pricing and promotion ($1,000 for knockdown and rebuild).
- Eden Brae Homes arranges for a soil test, survey and contours plan.
- A fixed price tender is prepared for presentation at Eden Brae’s head office (business hours Monday – Friday).
- Clear copy of subdivision plan or linen plan if land is unregistered.
- List of standard variations and display options. (Structural variations may delay tender preparation time and site start allocation date).
- Indicative/preferred siting of house on land.
- Clients have sought financial advice and are aware of their borrowing capacity.
- Sale of an existing property is not required in order to proceed with contract signing, payment of 5% deposit and construction.
- Deposit non refundable.
Tender presentation and acceptance
- Client accepts tender and pays further non refundable $2,500 deposit to prepare working drawings.
- Tender appointment must be attended at the designated time/date and accepted within 7 days to maintain site start date and pre site fixed pricing.
- No further structural changes to be made after contract signing.
- Upon tender acceptance, sample HIA building agreement will be provided for review.
Stage 2. Building agreement
- Working drawings and building agreement are prepared.
- Client signs building agreement at Eden Brae’s Head Office and pays 5% deposit of the contract price (less previously paid deposits).
- Contract appointment must be attended at the designated time/date and accepted within 7 days to maintain site start date and pre site fixed pricing.
- Letter of finance offer.
- Proof of land ownership.
- Progress on land registration (if unregistered).
- Letter of consent to lodge plans from the current land owner (if not yet settled).
- Contract terms and conditions cannot be varied.
- Some estates and councils may require completion of external colours, landscaping plan and hydraulic designs prior to lodgement of D.A.
Stage 3. Approvals
- BASIX approval.
- Developer approval (if applicable).
- Eden Brae Homes to lodge plans with council.
- Water board approval completed.
- Building approval received.
- Signed mortgage documents or owners capacity to pay.
- Proof of ownership of land.
Home Option Gallery:
- Colour selections, electrical and kitchen upgrades are to be finalised at the Home Option Gallery during business hours – following contract signing.
- Basix approval is subject to house type and orientation.
- Approval times will vary depending on the estate, developer and the relevant council.
- All applications are strictly subject to council approval and allocated site start date maybe affected.
Stage 4. Site Start
- Final construction and engineering drawings completed.
- Finance authority to commence construction received from clients’ finance provider.
- Order materials.
- Commence construction.
- 5% deposit (less previously paid deposits)
- Slab – 20%
- Frame – 25%
- Brickwork – 20%
- Linings commencement – 20%
- Completion – 10%
- In the absence of bank finance, cash clients need to meet conditions of building agreement.
Photographs on this website may depict items not supplied by Eden Brae Homes, such as furniture, window furnishings, landscaping, retaining walls, fencing, decorative landscaping items, water features, pergolas, pools, decks, outdoor fireplaces and barbeques. Any prices on this website does not include the supply of any of these items. Images feature upgraded items - please talk to a sales consultant for detailed home pricing.